Inspire is a monthly membership group with me, Susan Yeates and it is designed especially for creative souls like you, that need a little inspiration and arty tutorials on a monthly basis.
The doors to Inspire open just a few times a year and registration is next open 01-14 October 2021.
Cost: £14.99 per month for full access to ALL the Inspire Membership content since June 2020. There is NO minimum membership length i.e. you can change or cancel your membership at any time.
Video: About Inspire (Trailer)
Introduction to Inspire
Each month I share with you BRAND NEW art tutorials, projects to work on, creative mindset chats, artist interviews, book reviews, sketching challenges and discussions about things that inspire me at the moment. This is MUCH MORE than an online course… It is a celebration of all things creative and inspirational. To see the work of Inspire members please visit the Inspire gallery.
** BONUS - The Inspire Membership also includes all of my online short sketching courses (Sketching for Fun, Exploring Colour, Build a Daily Sketching Habit and Mindful Drawing and Doodling for Beginners.) ***
Registration for new members opens a few times a year and doors will open again from 01-14 Oct 2021.
Who is Inspire For?
The Inspire membership is designed for anyone looking to be inspired regularly and wanting a big boost in their creativity… on a regular basis.It is all about cultivating a creative mindset and way of life. This is achieved through watching the regular art tutorials with me, seeing what books I am reading at the moment, working to new inspirational themes and projects each month and listening to me chat about how we can change our mindset about art and creativity. Plus in 2021 we are inviting guest tutors in to provide additional tutorials and Zoom interviews.It is for anyone who wants to join a community of other like-minded people – a community that gives more than just a standard art e-course. In this membership you connect with other creatives and join me in my studio every month. This relationship will build as we all get to know each other better and follow this path to a creative life together.Specifically this membership is perfect for:
- Beginners to art, sketching and drawing that need some tips on where to start and what to draw
- Anyone looking to start a career in a design or creative field
- Professional artists and designers looking for a fresh perspective and motivation each month
- Serious amateur artists looking for new techniques and a creative boost
- Anyone who has done the 30 Day Sketchbook Challenge and wants a longer-term way to maintain their creativity
- Art students
- Anyone that wants to connect with other creatives in a fun arty community space
If you are a creative person and NEED a regular dose of creativity in your life then you are in the right place…
Video: A Completed Sketchbook!
In the Inspire Membership recently I took members through a tour of one of my recently completed sketchbooks. This is a time-lapse video of the full 10 minute tutorial....
Tour of the NEW Inspire Membership Portal
Watch the video below as I take you on a tour of the NEW membership portal...
How Does Inspire Work?
When you join Inspire you gain instant access to the full membership portal plus the Facebook support group.Within the course portal you will find an important Introduction and Welcome module explaining how to use the portal and what you can expect and then the monthly Inspire content.Every month BRAND NEW content is added which as an Inspire member you have full access to. Content includes:
- A set of monthly art tutorials with me in my studio (or a guest tutor). This will include pencil drawing techniques, painting (acrylic and watercolour), colour theory and specific projects and exercises etc.
- Regular arty and creative challenges.
- A monthly LIVE sketching or Q&A session (this is either a Facebook LIVE Q&A session or a LIVE sketching tutorial that fits into the monthly theme. These are usually the first Tuesday of the month at 7pm and are recorded and uploaded to the portal is you can't make it.
- ‘Tea with Susan’ mindset videos – these are my thoughts on how to cultivate your creativity and think like an artist.
- Book reviews and art materials recommendations.
- Inspirational ‘themes and projects’ each month.
- Artist interviews and features (new for 2021!)
- ‘Behind the scenes’ articles and videos where I open up my studio and working methods (including marketing tips, using the iPad and Adobe CC, and creative business strategy) to show what I get up to in a creative business. This will be shaped by what YOU want to hear about!
- BONUSES such as discounts on my other short courses and masterclasses, free mini courses and exclusive first access to any new courses and content created by me including ‘behind the scenes’ videos!
- FREE access to all of my online sketching courses (including Sketching for Fun, Exploring Colour, Build a Daily Sketching Habit and Mindful drawing and Doodling for Fun.)
- As well as the membership/course portal where the actual content is contained (for you to access as long as you are a member), we have a Facebook support group. Here you can meet other members, share your work and ask questions.
As an Inspire member (now named by the members an 'Inspired One') you also have email support with me (Susan) and you can submit questions for the monthly LIVE Q&A sessions. The group itself provides so much support and encouragement when members have individual questions or queries about things they are working on.
** NEW ** - LIVE Zoom Sketching Sessions
NEW for Autumn 2021 I have added in regular LIVE Zoom sketching sessions. These are usually on the second Tuesday of the month at 7pm (UK Time). All sessions are recorded and added to the membership portal if you can't make it live.
Video: Painting Demonstration...
In this time-lapse video I have sped up an example painting demonstration, which was one of the tutorials in May 2021.
NEW Theme each month for sketching!!
Each month in Inspire we have a NEW theme that we work on. Within that overarching theme there are a number of separate tutorials, exercises and projects to help you to get sketching with confidence.
** REMEMBER **
As an Inspire Member you get FULL access to the entire back catalogue of tutorials for as long as you are a member.
This is hours of video content to work through if one of these topics catches your fancy!
Grab a cuppa and let's chat creativity...
Each month I have a Tea with Susan discussion where I tackle a subject to do with creativity and inspiration. These are creative mindset discussions 10-20 mins long to help with the non-practical side of making art and sketching.
All of these are aimed at helping you to take a path to a more creative life...
BONUS: All Sketching Courses NOW INCLUDED
My monthly membership now also includes access to all of my online sketching courses including the four online short courses listed below (worth over £100 when purchased on their own...)
About Your Inspire Host: Susan Yeates
My name is Susan Yeates and I am an artist, author, tutor and creative entrepreneur.
I am passionate about creativity and staying inspired for making art. I love inspiring others to make art and to try new things – which is why I have created this unique membership group.
I have written two books on linocutting including Amazon no. 1 bestsellers, Learning Linocut (2011) and A Beginner’s Guide to Linocut (2019, Search Press).
In 2018 I launched the annual 30 Day Sketchbook Challenge which begins on 01 January each year. I love getting new people interested in art, sketching and creativity. It is from this annual challenge that I have identified the need for a membership group that helps to inspire creativity on a regular basis, not just once per year.
As well as creating my own drawings and prints I love educating and sharing my knowledge – I have a number of e-courses tutoring beginners to drawing, sketching and printmaking. These include Sketching for Fun, Build a Daily Sketching Habit and Mindful Drawing and Doodling for Beginners.
I am also a busy mama, a pottery cafe owner (Fired Frog Pottery Cafe in Woking) and reading addict.
In December 2019 I delivered a TEDx talk at the WWF Living Planet Centre here in Woking entitled 'Create Your Mandala Universe – Collaborate for a Beautiful Life'. This talk is all about collaboration and connection for mums in business and also includes some of my mandala drawings. See the video on the TEDx YouTube channel.
I think it is important to explain why I have created Inspire and a little bit about the journey we are about to embark on together.
I love sharing ideas and helping others to discover the essential creativity that is inside of them. As someone who personally had a few good years of bleakness creatively, I want to help others who have perhaps experienced a similar thing (artist's block) by sharing all the tips, tricks, ideas and things I do to stay creatively inspired and motivated. It is great for all those people who have always wanted to take their art seriously (whether this is to sell your art or just as a serious hobby).
Join my Inner Circle
Inspire is my inner circle and a place to share all the things that inspire me about the world. This community is full of wonderful people from across the world who love making art on a regular basis and can’t live without it!
You don't need any previous experience to join - just an urge to make stuff and have fun creatively.
Inspire is needed – it is a place to be yourself and supported by other creative souls. It is a place to celebrate creativity, to explore new ideas and ways of working and to nurture whatever art practice is your ‘thing.’
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund for the latest payment. You can also manage your own membership in the portal itself should you wish to cancel at any point. There is NO minimum length of time to be a member.
Can I cancel my membership at any time?
Yes, you can! Cancel your membership whenever you want on the membership page. Your access will end at the end of the current billing period. Please note that once you cancel your membership you no longer have access to the membership portal or the Facebook Group.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at email@example.com.