Hello and a warm welcome as you have a look around this page introducing SandStory Therapy® Level 2!
This training is available for Registered SandStory Therapists and other qualified Sand Therapists, such as Sandplay and Sandtray Therapists. It's aim is to build further on your knowledge base and to have time and space for yourself in the sand to grow in yourself and as a sand-based Therapist.
So, while there won't be any new clinical strategies, skills or approaches to learn, either from your initial training in sand and/or as a SandStory Therapist [for example, the 5 Stages, the 5 elements, the grounding in presence etc. are all the same] there is both a broadening and deepening of your understanding and learning of aspects that occur within SandStory Therapy® and the use of Sand Therapy - for your clients certainly and also for you as a Therapist.
If you have longed to continue your journey in the sand ... this course and these words below will speak to you! We are going to dive deep ....
"Sand lines my soul which is filled with the breath of the ocean”
- A. Posey
And as we go deeper, we will enter the dark, the mystic night, the infinite cosmos of stars and moon. Let's go deeper, let's go into the dark ...
Overview of the course
Remembering that this training is a journey for you as part of your own self-growth as a Sand/SandStory Therapist, there will be a large emphasis on your own experience in the sand.
For the online training, having your own sand tray and a collection of symbols to hand will be essential as we explore the following in the 8 Chapters of the course:
- Introducing the course - a comprehensive explanation of the structure, content, resources, qualifying process and support for the course. This will be a recorded module for you to watch prior to joining the in-person or live Zoom training.
- The psychic terrain - a guided tour of a Jungian framework of our own and our client's inner world looking at the therapeutic process at work. We will explore the healing therapeutic process through the lens of 'shadow work' such as the alchemical process and recognise the 'soul work' in process.
- Understanding the power of the archetype - such as the Sage, the Innocent, the Explorer, the Creator, the Hero, the Lover etc. and looking at how these are captured and portrayed through stories in books and film and weave their way into stories in the sand.
- Exploration of the core archetypes of the Animus and Anima within the psyche, the 6 stages of the feminine and the masculine and a focus on the 'mother wound' - a primal attachment wound - experienced potentially by many of our clients and the journey in the sand to healing.
- Looking deeper at the 'Hero/ine's journey' and a way of moving through the thresholds and introducing a map to your client's hero journey in the sand ... whilst exploring your own.
- Exploring 'Energy in the sand [part 1]' through the lens of the Chakras and how these can be unblocked or balanced within us and our clients in the sand.
- Exploring 'Energy in the sand [part 2]' through the ancient Medicine wheel and the 4 Elements - to deepen our sense of the connected flow within us and all things.
- The maturing Sand/SandStory Therapist - exploring the use of Silence and the Untold [non-verbal] stories in sand therapy with a myriad of case studies and sand tray images; and the vital essence of a maturing Sand/SandStory Therapist with an introduction to SandStory Circles®. This final module is a recorded one which you will be invited to watch at the end of the training as part of your completing the programme.
2021 and 2022 dates for SandStory Therapy® Level 2
Training is accessible in either one of 3 ways:
- ONLINE: as an Individual Learner - the full training is available immediately on enrollment and you can simply access the content and work through the modules instantly and at your own pace and time ... OR
- ONLINE: as a Group Learner - attend the live, interactive training as part of a group - see dates and times below [note these are offered in UK time, so please check with yours using https://www.thetimezoneconvert...:].
- IN-PERSON: at the SandStory Centre, Stanmore [London, UK] over 2 days or at another venue.
- In-person on 11 and 12 September 2021 from 9 am to 5 pm [4 pm on Sunday]
- Online on Saturday 6, 13, 20 and 27 November 2021 from 2 pm to 5 pm
- In-person on 26 and 27 February 2022 from 9 am to 5 pm [4 pm on Sunday]
- In-person on 14 and 15 May 2022 from 9 am to 5 pm [4 pm on Sunday]
- In-person on 26 and 27 August 2022 from 9 am to 5 pm [Cornwall venue]
Other dates will be made available and I am happy to take requests!
I look forward to meeting you in-person or on the online world where I will offer a safe and sheltered space to deepen our experience of ourselves as Sand & SandStory Therapists - and wrap us up deeper in the world of SandStory Therapy®!
Warm regards, Lara
Where is the in-person training based?
It is based at the SandStory Centre at Drummond Drive, Stanmore, Middlesex HA7 3PF, UK The full address is provided following enrollment.
What is the cost of the training?
The fee is £300. This can be paid once or, if you need to, in 2 installments of £150 each or 3 installments of £100 each month.. You can pay via PayPal or using your card. Please note that payment must be made in full before the start date of the training.
What time does the training start and end for the in-person training?
On Day 1 we will start at 9am and have a morning and afternoon break with an hour for lunch and end at 5 pm. On Day 2, we can negotiate a slightly later start if we have covered what we needed to the day before and aim to end at 4 pm ... but if there is some wiggle room we will try to end a little earlier so you can beat the rush in getting home. The timetable will work to you! Do note that prior to coming, you'll need to watch the Chapter 1 recording and after the 2 days you'll need to watch the final module which is Chapter 8.
For the in-person, how do I get to the SandStory Centre?
Once you book on, you will receive the full address of the SandStory Centre, based in Stanmore. This is accessible by underground tube station (Jubilee line). There is a 10 minute car journey from Stanmore tube station and a taxi cab right at the station (Jubilee cars at 020 8954 8000). Alternatively Harrow and Wealdstone tube and train station is served by London Northwestern Railway and Southern overground trains as well as the London Underground Bakerloo line. This is a 6 minute car journey away from the SandStory Centre. Main roads are M25 and M1. If you are coming by car, I do recommend the free app 'Waze' - it's saved me loads of time and stress. Coming by air? Heathrow airport is the nearest airport.
What accommodation is there?
There is an onsite B&B with 2 double bedrooms available - do email me if you are interested for all the details. Otherwise, the nearest accommodation is Grimsdyke Hotel which is a 6 minute drive from the SandStory Centre. Their website is https://www.bestwestern.co.uk/hotels/best-western-plus-grims-dyke-hotel-83956. Always check www.trivago.co.uk for best room deals. There is also a local Bed & Breakfast called Janet's B&B which is a 6 minute drive.
What happens with meals for the in-person training?
I'll be honest - I'm the worst cook ever. So [for health and safety reasons!] please bring a packed lunch. Tea, coffee, biscuits, crisps and fruit and all other manner of refreshments are provided through-out the day [I believe in choccy biscuits and a kettle on the boil!]. There is a kitchen available for your use serving hot chocolate, latte, and cappuchino. Thanks to Twinings there is every tea under the sun. But do bring your own faves too.
How can I make the most of the learning experience - and more enjoyable?
Whether you are coming to the SandStory Centre, or sitting on the sofa with your laptop for the online version, bring your favourite mug, your beloved tea bags, comfy slippers! Also please let me know anything you feel is important to you and is relevant to your learning process (for example, any health issues, personal circumstances, or learning needs). I am here to support your learning.
Is there anything I need to bring for the training?
For the in-person training: please consider printing or purchasing a printed copy of the Workbook as it will be very useful to have and then any creature comforts and your lunch, it would be great if you could bring a camera [your phone camera is fine],
Is this a CPD accredited course?
Yes! There are 14 CPD hours accredited for the training by the International SandStory Association.
What if I have to cancel attending the training?
Ah, that would be sad but 'life happens'. Here's my cancellation policy (written according to the Consumer Contracts Regulation, 2013) - any questions do email me:
The full training fee (£300) is due when the booking is made. Paying in instalments (2x £150) is possible. Cancellation of a booking by the participant must be received in writing. A non-refundable admin fee is always retained for non-attendance. Lara will offer other training dates and if this is not possible for the participant who is cancelling then charges apply as follows: [a] 2 weeks before the course: 50% of the fee [b] Less than 2 weeks before the course: 100% of the fee due to the difficulty of finding a new participant. Should a participant withdraw the day before a course starts (e.g. due to personal or family illness or other emergency), Lara will make reasonable arrangements for the participant to transfer to another course. If this is not possible, a full refund will be made subject to satisfactory medical evidence. Should a participant withdraw from a course once the training has commenced there will be no return of the fee. Refunds will be made using the same method of payment as used for purchasing within 14 days of the cancellation. Should the training be cancelled by Lara Kasza a full refund will be available if the proposed replacement dates are not suitable..
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at email@example.com.
How long do I have access to the training online?
For a lifetime! And note - whether you are choosing to do the training in-person, or online as an individual or a group learner, you have full access from the moment you enroll. So, if you want to take a look, catch up, get ahead at any time, everything is there for you when you want! You're welcome ...!