Hello and a warm welcome as you have a look around this page introducing SandStory Therapy® Level 2!
This training is only available to Registered SandStory Therapists and the aim of it is to build on the knowledge base and practical experience of the Therapist.
So, while there won't be any new strategies, skills or approaches to learn [the 5 Stages, the 5 elements, the grounding in presence etc. are all the same] there is both a broadening and deepening of your understanding of aspects that occur within SandStory Therapy® - for your clients certainly and also for you as Therapists.
Let's go deeper ... and look a little closer, going down the deep spiral ...
It's August 2020 as I write this and these are the main core pieces that I would like to include in the training.
Remembering that this training is a journey for you as part of your own self-growth as a SandStory Therapist, there will be a large emphasis on your own experience in the sand.
- Understanding the power of the archetype - such as the Sage, the Innocent, the Explorer, the Creator, the Hero, the Lover etc. and looking at how these are captured and portrayed through stories in books and film and weave their way into stories in the sand.
- Looking deeper at the 'Hero/ine's journey' and a way of mapping your client's hero journey in the sand ... and exploring your own. There will be a special exploration of the animus and anima aspects of the psyche and a focus on the 'mother wound' - a primal attachment wound - experienced potentially by many of our clients and the journey in the sand to healing.
- A neurobiology of storytelling - how mythology, folklore, fairytales and symbolic metaphor work within the psyche and express in the sand. With a special focus on the 6 part story stem framework applied to SandStory Therapy®.
- Exploring energy in the sand through the lens of the chakras - how the hands of our clients transmit their energy into the 'maternal holding' of the sand and is responded to. This follows onto ...
- A neurobiology of SandStory - the body-brain-sand triune relationship at work in SandStory Therapy®.
- The terrain of the psyche - a guided tour of a Jungian framework of our own and our client's inner world looking at the dynamics that occur between us both. A focus on the healing therapeutic process through the lens of the alchemical process, the constellated Self tray and exploring mandala sand work.
- Deepening presence as a maturing SandStory Therapist - using SandStory Starters®, using silence, practicing reflective skills, becoming better receivers and listeners to our storytelling clients. Experiencing and holding our own stories safely.
- The 'unspoken story' - an appreciation of the non-verbal story of our clients trays through understanding the significance of numbers, use of shape, placement, a selection of symbols, sequence and the inclusion of the 4 elements and creation of landscapes.
The live and interactive 6 modules will be in a small group of no more than 10 for safe holding as there will be space, time and support for your own self-exploration as we deepen our understanding of these topics together.
2020 dates for SandStory Therapy® Level 2
With the pandemic, in-person training at the SandStory Centre in London has been paused and the training moved online for the foreseeable future.
The training dates set for November [28 & 29] and December [12 & 13] 2020 will run on those dates from 9.30 am till 3.30 pm. New dates for 2021 will be advertised soon.
The training timetable for the 2 days will look like this:
There are 8 modules in total. Two are pre-recorded to listen to at your own time; and 6 are live and interactive online:
- Module 1 is a pre-recorded one that you can listen to any time before the first Training date and it introduces the training and orientates you back in.
- There are then 3 sessions on the Saturday for 1.5 hours each:
- Module 1 is 9.30 am - 11 am
- Module 2 is 11.30 am to 1 pm
- followed by an hour lunch break and then
- Module 3 is from 2 - 3.30 pm.
- The Sunday will follow the same schedule and so there will be Modules 5 and 6 in the morning and Module 7 ending at 3.30 pm.
- Module 8 is the final one and is pre-recorded so you can watch that any time.
if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
I look forward to meeting you in the online world where I will offer a safe and sheltered space to deepen our experience of ourselves as SandStory Therapists - and wrap us up deeper in the world of SandStory Therapy®!
Warm regards, Lara