Hello and a warm welcome as you have a look around this page introducing SandStory Therapy® Level 2!
This training is only available to Registered SandStory Therapists and other qualified Sand Therapists and the aim of it is to build on your knowledge base and have time and space for yourself in the sand to grow in yourself and as a sand-based Therapist.
So, while there won't be any new strategies, skills or approaches to learn [the 5 Stages, the 5 elements, the grounding in presence etc. are all the same] there is both a broadening and deepening of your understanding of aspects that occur within SandStory Therapy® - for your clients certainly and also for you as a Therapist.
Let's go deeper, let's go into the dark ... and look a little closer, going down the deep spiral ...
It's November 2020 as I write this and these are the main core pieces that I would like to include in the training.
Remembering that this training is a journey for you as part of your own self-growth as a Sand/SandStory Therapist, there will be a large emphasis on your own experience in the sand.
Having your own sand tray and a collection of symbols will be essential as we explore the following in the 10 Chapters:
- Introducing the course - structure, content, resources, qualifying process and support
- Understanding the power of the archetype - such as the Sage, the Innocent, the Explorer, the Creator, the Hero, the Lover etc. and looking at how these are captured and portrayed through stories in books and film and weave their way into stories in the sand.
- Looking deeper at the 'Hero/ine's journey' and a way of moving through the thresholds and introducing a map to your client's hero journey in the sand ... whilst exploring your own.
- The psychic terrain - a guided tour of a Jungian framework of our own and our client's inner world looking at the therapeutic process at work. We will explore the healing therapeutic process through the lens of shadow work such as the the alchemical process and recognise the 'soul work' in process.
- Exploration into the Animus and Anima aspects of the psyche, the 6 stages of the feminine and the masculine and a focus on the 'mother wound' - a primal attachment wound - experienced potentially by many of our clients and the journey in the sand to healing.
- Exploring energy in the sand through the lens of the chakras and mudras - how the hands of our clients transmit their energy into the 'maternal holding' of the sand and is responded to.
- A neurobiology of SandStory - the body-brain-sand triune relationship at work in SandStory Therapy®.
- A neurobiology of storytelling - how mythology, folklore, fairytales and symbolic metaphor work within the psyche and express in the sand. With a special focus on the 6 part story stem framework applied to SandStory Therapy®.
- The 'silent story' - an appreciation of the non-verbal, unspoken story of our clients trays through understanding the significance of numbers, use of shape, placement, a selection of symbols, sequence and the inclusion of the 4 elements and creation of landscapes
- The maturing SandStory Therapist - using SandStory Starters®, using silence, practicing reflective and deepening presence skills, becoming better receivers and listeners to our storytelling clients. Experiencing and holding our own stories safely.
2021 dates for SandStory Therapy® Level 2
With the pandemic, in-person training at the SandStory Centre in London has been paused and the training moved online for the foreseeable future.
Training is accessible in either one of 2 ways:
- Individual Learner - the full training is available immediately on enrollment and you can simply access the content and work through the modules instantly and at your own pace and time ... OR
- Group Learner - attend the live, interactive training as part of a group - see dates and times below [note these are offered in UK time, so please check with yours using https://www.thetimezoneconvert...:]. These are taught over a weekend in blocks of 1 - 2 hours each with breaks, starting at 9 am and ending at 4 pm on both the Saturday and the Sunday. In addition there is a Chapter 1 and Chapter 10 recorded module to listen to in your own time - Chapter 1 before the Weekend and Chapter 2 after the weekend training.
2021 Weekend dates till the summer:
- 6 and 7 February 2021
- 22 and 23 May 2021
Fingers crossed that from September 2021, I can offer Level 2 at the SandStory Centre in Stanmore, London.
I look forward to meeting you in the online world where I will offer a safe and sheltered space to deepen our experience of ourselves as Sand & SandStory Therapists - and wrap us up deeper in the world of SandStory Therapy®!
Warm regards, Lara