Everything you need to know to construct a Double Wedding Ring Quilt!
This class focuses on taking the fear out of making a Double Wedding Ring quilt, teaching you everything you need to know, first by making ONE RING, then leading you through the whole process! Through videos, text, and colorful diagrams, you will learn my secrets, tips, and tricks for ease of construction, including cutting for success, piecing accurately, how to build rows, how to fix those oopsies without struggle or frustration, binding and other ways to finish your beautiful DWR quilts... Let my obsession with DWR's become yours! Find out that Double Wedding Rings really are not difficult to make.
- Step by step videos mean you go at your own pace. Best part? Clear concise instruction, as if I was in the room with you!
- Interactive comments sections for questions and answers from Victoria and other students
- BONUS you can re-watch the videos and refer back to the instructions over and over! Enrollment includes permanent access to the class.
You've got this! Are you ready to play with curves?
For this class, you will need my Double Wedding Ring Template Set
- My VFW Quilts Double Wedding Ring acrylic template set makes a 21" ring (along with optional Full Melon template)
- These bigger, wider curves are gentler & easier to sew!
(Sizzix, Accuquilt, or other traditional DWR templates are constructed the same and will work for the class. However, most are smaller than my set so the measurements and yardage guidelines will differ.)
- My book, Double Wedding Rings: Traditions Made Modern is a great source for design inspiration and the creative process. (signed copies available here)
- The construction for a Double Wedding Ring quilt is the same, regardless of size. Once you master this one....try my XL DWR set, Florid Blooms set or my Mini DWR set!
What you will learn
- Cutting with templates & the parts of the DWR (Double Wedding Ring)
- Step by step construction (ease of construction tips!!)
- Pinning for success
- Understanding fabric bias when sewing curves.
- Sewing for success, less time spent with your seam ripper!
- Showing you how you'll do it wrong and how to fix it (kind of like having me hover over your shoulder!)
- Pressing for ease of construction
- Full Melon sewing tips (good to have options!)
- Row construction
- Binding Tips and Tricks for the double wedding ring
- Other options for finishing tips and tricks! Borders, miters and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you include links to supplies?
Yes indeed-y! A fabric supply list for the class pillow project is included in the course, along with other supplies needed. The Double Wedding Ring template set along with optional supplies are listed above, as well as within the course.
Do I need any special supplies?
You will need my VFW Quilts Double Wedding Ring acrylic template set (available at vfwquilts.com) for class, along with basic sewing supplies and your choice of fabric. Optional supplies are also available for purchase at my website: vfwquilts.com
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What are the lessons like?
Each lesson includes step by step videos, as well as online written instructions and colorful diagrams.
Is the content downloadable?
Only the PDF coloring pages for use in planning your design are available to download. The lessons are not downloadable, but you can access them anywhere you have an internet connection.
How much interaction is there with Victoria?
Each lesson has a comments section where students' questions and answers are readily available and/or you can ask additional questions. Victoria will post responses every few days to questions - this way answers benefit everyone in the course!
What do I need to know about using a computer?
You'll need to be able to save the URL and your login/password information for the CourseCraft site. CourseCraft has an online chat help button on the lower right of your screen.
Have you forgotten your login/password for CourseCraft?
Go to CourseCraft.net/login and click "forgot your password?" below the Login button.
Is this class refundable?
No, all content is available as soon as you purchase the class so refunds are not possible.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
My staff and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.