I long for you to know how rewarding, fun and (relatively) easy it truly is to accomplish your own art framing. In this course, I share with you six directions you can creatively customize to your own artwork, including options for flat work, options for a little (or a lot) of depth and for occasions that don't require any glass.
Table of Contents
Time Length of Lesson Videos
Project Overview (05:31)
Basic Techniques (16:23)
Project 1: Acrylic & Board Sandwich (30:13)
Project 2: Glazing Pocket of Nails (21:55)
Project 3: Shallow Depth Without a Board (28:43)
Project 4: Shallow Depth With a Board (22:26)
Project 5: Shadow Box With a Rabbet (21:19)
Project 6: Framing Without Glass (12:20)
Basic Tools and Materials Needed
- Cork-backed metal ruler(s)
- Fletcher scoring tool
- Handdrill (or drill press)
- Handsaw with miter box (or band or table saw)
- Paintbrushes, chip or sponge is fine
- Sandpaper, medium and fine grits
- Tape measure
- Optional: Corner band clamp
- Optional: Dremel tool with sanding bits
- Optional: Nail set
- Optional: Running pliers
- Acrylic glazing, such as Plexiglas, 1/16”
- Molding, assorted
- Nails and screws, assorted
- Wood glue
- Optional: acrylic paints, water-based stains or other decoration materials (metallic leaf, art tape, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.