The Seed of Life is a universal symbol of creation, hence a pattern we can't help but recognize as beautiful. Love, of course, is the energy of creation, so I wanted to create a joyful process for celebrating the various ways in which we can plant seeds of love and watch it grow. Follow along with me as we explore various techniques including drawing the Seed of Life—as well as the Flower of Life—working with frisket, playing with intuitive swirls and flows of watercolor and then adorning our creations with sparkly highlights of the "noble metals" known as gold, silver and copper. Curious to dive in? I hope you'll explore with me!
Table of Contents
Time Length of Lesson Videos
What Is the Seed of Life? (02:38)
Drawing the Seed of Life (07:02)
Planting Seeds & Adding Frisket (12:10)
In the Flow with Watercolor (08:30)
Removing Frisket & Adding Metallics (18:27)
Further Inspiration (02:37)
- compass (locking variety)
- cutting mat
- frisket (I like Pebeo Drawing Gum)
- glue pen (Sakura Quickie Glue)
- metallic leaf (I used silver, gold and rose gold)
- paper towel
- ruling pen
- small stiff, short-bristled brush
- water cup
- watercolor brush, quill brush that holds a lot of water (I used a Silver Atelier Golden Takon Quill, size 80)
- watercolor paints, colors that uplift you
- watercolor paper (I like mixed-media paper)
- water-activated markers (Tombow)
- watercolor paints, metallics
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.