How to Shoot Portraits Like a Pro using Canon’s On-Camera Flash!
Hi, I’m Dave Likes.
I founded L. DavidLikes Photography.com Blog to share my love of photography with fellow photographers.
In my own attempt to learn Canon's flash system, I became frustrated by what I believe is a gap in information. There are lots of information on the web, books and DVD's, but a lot of it is basic or not well put together for one to learn from. Trying to learn this way I found was not helpful.
A lot of the teaching of flash now days is to take the flash off camera. The problem is most pros are teaching off-camera flash the old fashioned way by using only manual flash mode. This eliminates the advances in E-TTL technology thus forcing one to take several time consuming test shots prior to taking the actual photo!
To use the flash as Canon's engineers designed it to be, you must master on-camera flash first! And it will make your off-camera flash much less difficult and time consuming to do as well.
After years of shooting portraits the old fashioned way by using off-camera flash I started applying all I’d learned to on-camera flash, specifically to Canon’s E-TTL system. After a lot of trial and error I realized I could create the flash course that I always wanted!
My wish for you is to help you move forward in your flash photography very quickly. I want you to avoid the mistakes that I made. I want to help you shortcut your way to success with fantastic on-camera flash portraits.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- Learn to take fantastic photos with on-camera flash and not need expensive studio gear!
- Learn the 5 techniques that will make you shoot like a pro and beyond with little effort.
- Learn to use the power of Canon's advanced E-TTL technology, as it was intended, which will save you tons of time.
- Watch over my shoulder as I show you step-by-step what buttons to push as I show you how and explain why.
- Learn from practical examples I show throughout the course as I show how my techniques are far superior to standard flash shots.
- How to use camera controls to adjust and control the brightness of your background with ambient light.
- Where to focus your camera for the most consistent exposure.
- The “secret setup” that will allow you to shoot fast without losing focus lock.
- The clear explanation - after all this time - the exact settings for doing fill flash without underexposing your image.
More than ever before, if you follow my system you will get great looking portraits with ease and speed, when using your E-TTL flash on-camera.— Dave Likes, Certified Professional Photographer
Requirements for this course:
a Canon DSLR camera
An external Canon (EX) or equivalent flash
Basic Knowledge of ISO, f-stop and shutter speed and use of your Canon camera and flash system
Regardless if you are a Beginner or Advanced Flash Photographer
From basic step by step use of Flash Exposure Compensation to Advanced combination of Window Light and Flash Technique there is something there for everybody. And the videos are packed with "How to" in short 3 minute clips designed to get you quickly on your way.
Learn just what you want to and skip the rest. Go watch the videos in chapters 5, 6 and 7 and you are well on your way to shooting like a pro! For those that want more in depth understanding of the Canon Flash system, I've included a written body of knowledge (built into the lessons), I learned from doing several years of Portraits with my Canon Flash that also reference outside links to further help you understand the system so you can make fantastic portraits with ease.
Also in this course you'll learn:
- How to read the scene and pick out problem areas that fool your flash (and white balance) and be able to adjust for them without taking multiple test shots.
- How I use my histogram when determining correct exposure.
- When the "expose to the right" method sometimes can be wrong.
- How to determine if your exposure is absolutely correct when using E-TTL.
- Why using my "Flash and Forget" method is your best tool for getting consistent exposure.
- A secret little trick I discovered to shoot several times faster getting the exposure right every time.
- Several techniques for getting professional looking portraits with using flash on-camera.
- Pro tips that I learned from Master Portrait Photographers over the years and have modified them to on-camera flash.
Each lesson includes a comment section at the end so you can ask questions that can be answered by me or other students enrolled in the course.
14-Day No-Risk Money-Back Guarantee!
Bonus PDF Download Included
Included in the course is a PDF download showing step by step procedure on how to do each lighting technique for quick and easy access.
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
There is a 14-day money back guarantee. We encourage our customers to try the product (or service) in the first two weeks after their purchase to ensure it fits your needs.
Will the course get updates?
Technology and techniques change over time. You will be notified by email as the course gets updated and be able to view the new information that has been added within the course.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at email@example.com