- Learn with 125+ read-and-do lessons*
- Audio lessons
- Chalkboard illustrations and exercises
- Practice tasks and worksheet pages included in correlated textbook*
- Master the lesson, quiz, and record using our simple grading system
- Work-at-your-own pace
- Daily lesson includes Language Arts, Arithmetic, and 1 rotating subject (Bible, Phonics, Penmanship, Health/Science/Social Studies, or Fine Arts+).
- See Sample Lesson Here
*For this online course, you will need the following:
- Classical Teaching Textbook: Kindergarten with Test Booklet & Answer Key
- Beginning Arithmetic 1, Workbook 1 by Rod & Staff.
- Library Card
- Pencil box or bag filled with: pencils, pencil sharpener, eraser, safety scissors, glue sticks, crayons, and water colors.
The Classical Teaching Textbook Online Academy is here to assist teachers and parents with Kindergarten lessons and is used in conjunction with Classical Teaching Textbook: Kindergarten.
- All 125+ lessons are read-and-do, so this means the parent or teacher can simply open to the lesson and read the lesson aloud to the student with little to no-preparation. (Teacher instructions are in parenthesis.) The student will be directed to complete practice tasks on the included worksheets within the textbook. Students, as their ability to read increases, are encouraged to read along. We focus on giving students the written text (so no video lessons are used).
- Audio lessons are included with the Online Academy for parents on busy days or for parents with children at more than one level. Parents should focus on giving the most one-on-one attention to their youngest students. In addition, both parents and teachers can listen to the audio lessons for ideas on their own lesson presentations. All lessons should be read aloud (whether by parent, teacher, or audio), so student can hear proper pronunciations and be given another layer of learning. When using the audio lessons, pause when necessary for student completion of work.
- Chalkboard illustrations and exercises are included. Being a highly effective teacher's aid, all online lessons (as well as Classical Teaching Textbook: K lessons) include a chalkboard illustration or exercise. A parent or teacher can copy this onto their own chalkboard or simply refer to this in the book or online.
- Practice tasks and worksheet pages are included in Classical Teaching Textbook: K. The lessons direct the student to complete exercises that will help them retain their new knowledge or skills. Pull-Out Posters are included in the Appendix of the textbook, and the teacher is prompted when to use them.
- Lesson reviews, Tests, and Answer Key are included. The textbook prompts students to review lessons daily. We use the mastery method, among other methods, in teaching and this means the student learns how to study and master content. Students are assessed every Friday starting week 2. Our simple grading system will be a delight to all parents and teachers.
- Work at your own pace. Our Online Academy is a work-at-your-pace program, but we recommend completing 5 lessons per week or 1 lesson per day which includes 3 subjects (Language Arts, Arithmetic, and Another Subject), plus review or test. Parents and teachers are responsible for student progress and grading. A teacher or parent is given life-time access to the On-line Academy audio lessons, so they can be shared with later students (This does not include the textbook itself.)
- All subjects are included with the Online Academy: Language Arts (learn to read program) is taught daily, Arithmetic is taught daily, and 1 Rotating Subject is taught daily (Bible, Phonics, Penmanship, Health/Science/Social Studies, or Fine Arts+).
- Teacher or Parent assistance is required in Kindergarten. Modeling is key to good teaching (especially in the early years), so assistance in teaching is required and included in parenthesis in the textbook.
- Did you know that Tuition is tax deductible? Ask your tax adviser about it, and be sure to get the deduction for the Online Academy tuition.
- Our goal for our Online Academy is to be as affordable as possible, so we charge only $1 per lesson.
- Our motto for Classical Teaching Textbook: Kindergarten is "Everything's Included." Other than your math textbook, you will find a complete, no-prep, read-and-do, well-balanced, big-picture planned, classical, Christian, comprehensive curriculum for your student or child.
- This is not just a curriculum that gives students a bunch of information with little guidance on how to absorb it. We show students what to learn, how to take notes, and how to study. Plus, we show teachers and parents how to teach effectively.
- We teach students classroom etiquette within the lessons, because it's important for students to show respect in the classroom and know how to behave.
- There is no busy work that can overwhelm -just the essentials.
- We give students the word of God in chronological order, not a bunch of commentary or hopping around and piecing it all together.
*This course is currently limited to 100 students (but is subject to change). You may enroll today, but all lessons will not be available until September 1, 2018.
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. Other students in your household can also use the lessons.
Can I see a sample lesson?
Yes. We've included a sample lesson in the overview above. This lesson is from the textbook and reflects the audio lesson transcript.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at Renee@classicalteachingtextbook.com.