Learn Linocut Printing!
Join Susan Yeates, an experienced artist and tutor for this special online course that shows you exactly how to create professional looking linocut prints.
This course is aimed at complete beginners to linocut (or those
coming back to printmaking after a short break).
It provides a simple
step-by-step guide to printing single colour linocut prints.
The course explain
about the tools you need, how to cut the block, how to ink it up and
finally how to print. It even includes a four-part recording from a live
linocutting workshop with Susan so you can get the full experience of being on a linocut workshop.
Watch the Trailer...
Who is This Course For?
This online course is aimed at:
- beginners to linocut printing
- those who studied linocut many years ago at school and want to re-spark their creativity
- anyone who attended a short workshop and wants a more in-depth learning experience
- art students studying a generic fine art course, or artists looking to experiment with new techniques and bring linocut into their work
- great if you want to make hand printed cards and gifts to give to friends and family
- anyone looking to find out more about linocut printmaking!
We accept students from all across the world, and as long as you have access to the internet, you can study whenever you want and wherever you want. We have no entry requirements and do not ask that you start at a particular time of the year – start when you want to!
Table of Contents
Instant Access to Course Materials and Videos
By enrolling on the course, you gain instant access to the online learning portal where you will find all of your course materials and guidance. This includes both videos and downloadable PDF instructions.
There is even a four-part recording of a live linocut workshop with Susan.
This online course can be enrolled on at any time of year and will get you producing amazing one-colour linocut prints in no time at all.
About the Course Tutor
"My name is Susan and if you don’t know already, I am a printmaking tutor and published author of three printmaking related books: Learning Linocut and Beginner’s Guide to Linocut (both Amazon no.1 bestsellers!) and Learn to Earn from Printmaking.
I set up my company 'Magenta Sky' in 2003, just after I left university as a
part-time venture. It began as a way of selling my crafts and also teaching printmaking courses and workshops in various arts venues.
Since then I have expanded to teach more classes and workshops both face-to-face and online. This online course (Learning Linocut: A Beginners Guide to Linocut Printing) is one of many online printmaking and sketching courses that I now offer.
All of my books, online courses, portfolio, details of my annual ‘30-Day Sketchbook Challenge’ and blog can be found on my website
I look forward to you joining the course and creating some beautiful linocut prints."
Owner and Author, Magenta Sky
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 14 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Linocut?
Linocut is a form of relief printing that uses linoleum as the printing block (a composite flooring material made from cork and linseed oil with a hessian backing). This is then cut into using v tools or gouges to create an image.
Will this course show me how to create multiple-colour prints?
No, this course is a beginners course that shows you how to create single coloured linocut prints only. Further courses will follow in 2017 expanding on this topic. Alternatively take a look at the full 'Introduction to Printmaking' course at www.introductiontoprintmaking.com that expands further on this beginners course.
Do you teach courses in further printmaking techniques?
Yes, if you want to learn more about printmaking I have a number of other short courses available.
What materials do I need to study the course?
The course will explain what materials are required once you register. These include inks, paper, lino and cutting tools. You will not need a printmaking press to study the course.
Why study with us?
- Created by Amazon no.1 bestselling author Susan Yeates
- Start immediately – no entry requirements
- Study at your own pace
- Easy to follow video course that can be studied anywhere with an internet connection
- No need for a printmaking press to get started!
- Developed from successful printmaking classes and our most popular lesson plans
- Tried and tested teaching since 2007
- Downloadable PDF course manual - with clear step-by-step instructions including colour photographs of all techniques covered
- Includes online videos of techniques
- Plenty of tips, useful resources and added extras
- Lifetime access to the course - return to the content whenever you want!