Hey soccer coaches – have you ever wondered how you can make your players faster, stronger, and more powerful? Ever wanted to know how to help them improve their endurance and last longer in games? Or maybe you’ve been trying to figure out how to correct their coordination and running form and make them into all-around better and healthier athletes?
I’ve got some great news for you – you can learn how to do all of this and so much more at the Online Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Course!
What is the Online Soccer Fitness Trainer's Course?
The Online Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Course is a project I have been working on my entire career! It is the product of over 15 years working as a coach, fitness coach, coach educator, and sports science researcher and lecturer. The aim of the Course is to teach you how to plan, implement and monitor an effective fitness testing and training program with your soccer team.
Who is eligible to register for the Online Soccer Fitness Trainer's Course?
The Course is aimed at soccer coaches with an interest in fitness training, and fitness coaches with an interest in soccer. There are no eligibility requirements, other than a passion for soccer and fitness!
What will I learn in the Online Soccer Fitness Trainer's Course?
In the Course, you will learn the latest, evidence-based theory and methodology of soccer-specific fitness testing, training and monitoring, and see dozens of exclusive practical examples of training sessions I have used personally in my time working at the highest levels of the game, including the Canadian Women’s National Teams, the Toronto FC Academy Teams, and Canadian SC, a professional soccer club in Uruguay.
You will also learn specifically how to run a 1-hour soccer-specific fitness training session (similar to the ones we run at Soccer Fitness Inc.) as well as how to administer comprehensive soccer-specific fitness assessments in order to monitor the effectiveness of your training programs.
How is the Course organised?
There are 2 main categories of lessons in the Online Soccer Fitness Trainer's Course:
- The 1-Hour Soccer-Specific Fitness Session: these lessons teach you everything you need to know about how to run a 1-hour training session like the ones we use ourselves. Topics covered include: warm-up, coordination training, aerobic and anaerobic energy system training, and strength training.
- Soccer Science these lessons cover all of the theoretical science that you need to understand to be able to optimise the testing and training you deliver. Topics covered include anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, fitness assessment, periodisation, and special considerations such as youth soccer training and female soccer training.
Is there a practical component to the Course?
Absolutely! We have packaged cutting-edge sports science together with video examples of all the components that make-up our 1-hour training sessions into a fun, easy to understand way, and we’ve tied all of the science directly to the reason you’re learning about it – to improve your team's on-field performance!
Do I get a certificate or continuing education credits for completing the Course?
We are accredited to provide continuing education credits or points through the following soccer and fitness organisations:
- Ontario Soccer: 10 Coaching Development Points (CPD) towards the renewal of an Ontario Provincial "B" Coaching License
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA): 2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEU's) towards the renewal of a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) certfiicates
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM): 1.9 Continuing Education Units (CEU's) towards the renewal of a Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) or Personal Trainer (PT) certification.
- CanFitPro: 4.0 Continuing Education Credits (CEC's) towards the renewal of a Fitness Instructor Specialist (FIS) or Personal Trainer Specialist (PTS) certification.
Of course, we think the Online Soccer Fitness Trainer's Course is great - but don't take our word for it! Check out what others in the soccer and fitness communities had to say!
I Highly recommend this course to anyone who is involved in the soccer community – not just coaches but parents as well!— Elisa Crisolago, Soccer Parent
This is a topic every youth coach should be aware of, especially if players have aspirations beyond club soccer.— Gary Tobin, Soccer Coach
As a fitness trainer and gym owner who works with all level of athletes and clientele, I can utilise the materials from this weekend to provide better knowledge and service that can better my clients.— Atif Khedri, Fitness Trainer
Richard taught us information that went far further than what I could have expected, in a way that was manageable and understandable. I highly recommend the Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Course.— Richard Cowan, Soccer Administrator