The Designer's Toolbox: Focal Points
Creating a strong focal point is essential to any great design, whether it be room design, landscaping, cards or scrapbook pages. Essential, but often elusive. In this workshop we will take the mystery out of creating a focal point.
By the end of the workshop students will:
- have a clear understanding of how to create a focal point.
- compare and contrast compositions to increase their understanding of focal points.
- create focal points using color, scale, shape and weight.
- receive a workbook to keep ideas and samples for future reference.
- create a variety projects using the techniques learned during the workshop.
- Lesson One: In Lesson One we will discuss focal point theory and composition.
- Lesson Two: In Lesson Two we will use shape and contrast to create focal points.
- Lesson Three: In Lesson Three we will use scale and weight to create focal points.
The course will include a variety of completed projects, including tag art and cards. Techniques can be used on a wide variety of paper crafting projects.
This is a self-paced workshop. All lessons are available upon enrollment. Classroom contains over 60 minutes of video instruction, printable PDF files, forum and gallery.
Basic paper crafting supplies will be used in the workshop. Detailed supply lists will be provided with classroom projects. I always encourage my students to use what they have on hand.