By the end of this workshop, students will clearly understand the best practices for stamping, stenciling, coloring and mixed media techniques using water-soluble crayons.
Three years ago we started our Color Inspiration journey with Gelatos. The world of water-soluble crayons as grown a lot since then. Prima and Ranger/Tim Holtz have joined the fun. Not to mention the numerous watercolor crayons that have hit the market.
Time for version 2.0. Join me as we examine the many options and possibilities of water-soluble crayons. We review what options are available and what will work best for your projects. We will explore the importance of choosing the correct surface, stamping and non-stamping techniques and (of course) coloring techniques. To finish the workshop we will complete three mixed media pieces to highlight all we have learned.
By the end of the workshop students will:
- Learn the basics of working with water-soluble crayons.
- Create a sample book with ideas, techniques and samples for future reference.
- Test different crayon products, including Tim Holtz, Gelatos, Prima, Crayola, etc. and learn which option is best for you and the projects you create.
- Test a variety of surface options, including: card stock, watercolor paper, canvas, pattern paper, old book paper, fabric and more.
- Learn a variety of techniques for using stamps with water-soluble crayons.
- Create a variety of backgrounds using water-soluble crayons.
- Create three finished projects utilizing the techniques learned.
- Lesson One: The Basics-What are water-soluble crayons? We will explore Gelatos, Prima, Distress/Tim Holtz, Crayola and watercolor crayons. We will test different brands with different surfaces.
- Lesson Two: Stamping Techniques-In Lesson Two we will explore how to stamp with crayons and how to color stamped images. We will explore both dry and wet techniques.
- Lesson Three: Non-Stamping Techniques-Time to explore backgrounds. Stencils, acrylic mediums, drips, texture and more.
- Lesson Four: Projects-In Lesson Four we will pull together all of the techniques we have learned to create three finished projects. Plus extra samples for inspiration.
Projects will focus on mixed media techniques, but can easily be transferred to cards, tags, scrapbook pages and more. Samples will include tags and cards for extra inspiration.
Course Length:4 Lessons
Course Start Date: Immediately (This is a self-paced workshop, all content will be available once payment has been received.)
Classroom Includes: Videos, PDF Tutorials, Forum and Gallery. This workshop contains 34 video demonstrations with over 250 minutes of video instruction.
Click link below for supply list.
Created byJeri Parks