Are you a Western teacher who:
- wonders what it's like to teach in the Middle East?
- is thinking about applying for a position in the Middle East?
- accepted a position but need more info about what to expect from your students?
- currently teaches in the Middle East and need more behavior management strategies or are feeling burned out?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions you're in the right place!
- Discover cultural nuances about living and teaching in the Middle East from an insider perspective
- Understand the pros and cons of teaching in the Middle East your recruiter didn't tell you
- Easily identify cultural differences about your students & how those will impact your teaching
- Learn culturally appropriate, easy & effective behavior management strategies that'll get immediate results
- Learn 5 useful relaxation and self massage techniques you can use in the classroom for automatic stress relief
This self paced course features:
- Automatic delivery for a hassle free experience
- Six videos which describe each Module
- Downloadable and printable pdfs of all Modules
- A sound file and a pdf of the top 25 Arabic phrases for the classroom you should use immediately
- Five delicious and fast immune building breakfast recipes to keep your energy at its peak
- Easy and effective self massage and relaxation techniques to help you keep your cool.
After enrolling you'll receive these BONUSES:
- One Q & A email session with me about a specific behavior challenge
- One 20 minute personalized Skype consultation
- Lifetime access to a private FB group of supportive peers
My name is Aisha Shakti Hakim - call me Shakti - and I've been an Educator for just under 20 years. I'm from Brooklyn, NY and have lived in the Middle East since 2011.
I graduated Magna Cum Laude from City College with a B.A. and I have a Masters of Science in Education. This means I'm a cool nerd.
I wish this eCourse were available when I arrived in the Middle East 4 years ago. Shakti’s observations and helpful suggestions will help teachers create an effective classroom toolkit that will eliminate the stress encountered in the classroom."— Lisa M., Brooklyn, NY
If you’re thinking about or are already headed to the Middle East, you should take this insightful course. It provides a great foundation on how to be an effective teacher in the Middle East. This course is the launchpad to becoming a stronger teacher.— Andrea T., Houston, TX
How does this work?
After enrolling, you'll get a "Welcome" email with a link to the eCourse. After clicking onto the link you'll create an account that lets you access the course and pay via PayPal. Account creation is free, fast and easy.
How is the course delivered?
The course is organized into 6 Modules that are delivered one per week. This self paced schedule let's you take your time on each Module. Every week you'll receive an email with a link to the next Module.
Do I need any special software?
No. All you need is a computer with strong internet access. The Modules are pdf files so you 'll need Adobe Reader installed on your computer. Installation directions are in Module 1 if you need it.
How do I join the FB group?
To preserve the integrity of the group & keep it a safe space for peers to share questions and concerns as well as have open and honest dialogue, the group is set to "PRIVATE." After you enroll, I'll send you a link to join. If you use Gmail, check your "Social" tab.
What is the deadline for enrolling in the course?
There's no deadline. The course has ongoing enrollment so you can enroll at any time that's convenient for you.