Color Inspiration: Watercolors!
In the next stop of our Color Inspiration journey we will explore the whimsical world of watercolors. From products and tools to color washes to stamping and stencils to texture to faux watercolor and more. This three week workshop will give you everything you need to feel confident using watercolors.
By the end of the class students will:
- Learn the basics of watercolor tools, supplies and techniques.
- Create an idea book to keep notes and samples for future reference.
- Explore different options for creating a watercolor effect, including watercolor pencils and paints. Plus, we will explore faux watercolor options.
- Learn how to color, stamp and stencil with watercolor pencils and paints.
- Add texture to their projects using a variety of techniques.
- Create freehand projects.....even if you don't know how to draw.
- Lesson One: The Basics-Watercolor mediums, tools, paper, faux options, color washes and basic techniques. We will also discuss creating an idea book for future reference.
- Lesson Two: Stamping and Stencils
- Lesson Three: Freehand Painting and Adding Texture
This workshop includes videos, PDF tutorials and message boards. We will be completing a number of projects during this workshop including cards and tag art.
I will be using Derwent Inktense pencils, Derwent watercolor pencils and Yarka watercolor pans. Be sure to review the supply list below for full details.
Course Length: 3 Lessons
Course Start Date: Immediately (This is a self-paced workshop, all content will be available once payment has been received.)
Classroom Includes: Videos, PDF Tutorials, Forum and Gallery. This workshop contains 26 video demonstrations with 245 minutes of video instruction.
Color Inspiration: Watercolors!-Supply List