Stencils: Color, Texture, and More!
Scroll down for complete details.
This is a Self-Paced Workshop. All materials are open and available to students immediately upon enrollment.
Stencils are probably one of the most versatile tools in our arsenal. Yet, we often undervalue this tool. Relegating it into the background. Join Jeri and Shirley as we explore the world of stencils. Along the way, we will explore DIY stencils, using stencils to add color and texture, masks, how to make the stencil a star of the show and, of course, backgrounds. We will walk you through each project/technique step-by-step with videos and tutorials.
By the end of the workshop students will:
- Learn how to care for and store their stencils.
- Create DIY stencils and masks from a variety of materials.
- Learn the difference between stencils and masks.
- Use stencils to add color to their projects.
- Use stencils to add texture to their projects.
- Learn reverse stenciling techniques.
- Use stencils in the foreground to create scenic effects.
- Discover just how versatile stencils can be.
- Lesson One-The Basics: Shirley will discuss the basics of stencils...their use, care, and storage ideas. She will also show you several ways to create your own stencils from a variety of materials.
- Lesson Two-Color: The options for using stencils to add color is almost endless. From paint, to ink, to misting sprays to Gelatos to watercolors and more. In this lesson we will focus on wet color mediums. Jeri and Shirley will create numerous backgrounds using wet color mediums. Once the backgrounds are dry we will show you, step-by-step, how to them into finished projects.
- Lesson Three-Color: Our color journey continues with dry coloring options. We will explore chalk, pan pastels and/or color pencils. In this lesson Jeri will show you how to use stencils to create foregrounds.
- Lesson Four-Texture: Whether flat or bumpy, texture is an essential design element. In Lesson Four we will use stencils to add texture to our projects. We will explore art mediums, embossing, and more.
Projects for this workshop include cards, tag art, canvas art and art journaling.
Course Length: 4 Lessons
Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Course Start Date: Immediately (This is a self-paced workshop, all content will be available once payment has been received.)
Classroom Includes: Videos, PDF Tutorials, Forum and Gallery. This workshops contains 39 video demonstrations with over 5 hours of video instruction.
Students have unlimited access to all course materials.
Would you recommend this course to a friend?
Definitely as I learned so much and I used some of products I hadn't used before. Taught me how easy it is to make my own stencils.— previous Stencil workshop student
Stencils: Color, Texture and More!-Supply List
Created byShirley Pando