Learn To Live Your Life The Way You Want To Be Remembered
We all have guiding principles we use to move through our lives. These may have come from our faith, our family, our career, our peers, or our observations about the world. These principles are used to guide us, so we can grow and develop. In Faithwalking, when we talk about guiding principles, we are specifically referring to intentionally chosen guiding principles that we can have access to in moments of anxiety. In order to do that, it’s very important to understand what guiding principles are, and why we need them.
Guiding principles that are written down give us access to our best self. We are our best self when we are calm and thinking clearly. Well thought through guiding principles allow us to “be” the person we hope to be in every situation. Guiding principles enable us to respond rather than react to our anxiety in the ways that we typically react. To be useful in times of high anxiety, our guiding principles must be clear, compelling, and easily accessible to us.
In this course Ken Shuman takes you through the process of understanding more clearly what a guiding principle is, why we need guiding principles, and how to develop and define your guiding principles.
The content was short, sweet and focused. The homework was accessible, and I now have a pyramid of guiding principles ready to be fleshed out in a narrative. I am further down the road and this course was helpful in getting there. Thanks!— Andy B.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should you take this course?
- If you want to live a more thoughtful and intentional life we believe the material in this course will equip you to define and begin living into your guiding principles.
What does this course cover?
- What are guiding principles?
- Why do I need guiding principles?
- How do I develop and define my guiding principles?
What comes with the purchase of the course?
- Three 20 minute instructional videos facilitated by Ken Shuman
- Assignments and worksheets to guide you as you apply your learning and develop your guiding principles
- Life long access to the course and the resources
What are the requirements to take this course?
- There are no prerequisites to take this course
- No previous Faithwalking experience or course required
- This is a completely self-contained course
Will I be at a disadvantage if I have not taken any Faithwalking courses previously?
- Not at all! This course is self-contained.
Sample Course Content
Get a sample of the course content by downloading "What are the benefits of guiding principles?" below!