Beyond the Fold - Card Making Workshop
This is a Self-Paced Workshop. All materials are open and available to students immediately upon enrollment.
A handmade card is a joy to make and to receive. But while many cards consist of one sheet of folded paper, there are other styles of cards that can take that folded paper from average to awesome. In this workshop, we’ll go well beyond the fold and focus on cards with more than one fold, unique closures, windows, and cards with pockets and tags. If you like to make and give truly unique cards with a personal feel, this workshop is definitely for you.
Each week students will learn several fold techniques, creative card ideas, as well as create multiple finished cards. Throughout this 4 lesson workshop, students will create a total of 24 cards. Please feel free to create your own specific theme for each card while using the supplies and embellishments you already own. Creative card ideas include several tips for DIY envelopes and inserts, tricks for stitching on paper, layering embellishments, decorating the insides of the cards, and more!By the end of the workshop students will:
- Learn 24 card techniques
- Create a total of 24 cards including ones with more than one fold, unique closures, windows, and cards with pockets and tags
- Learn several creative card ideas
- Create several styles of envelopes and inserts
- Learn tips for machine stitching on paper
- Learn ways to decorate the inside of a card
- Lesson One: Card Sizes, Paper Weights, Paper Grain, Scoring, Postage Concerns; Four Card Folds; DIY envelopes + Creative Card Ideas
- Lesson Two: Six Card Folds + Creative Card Ideas
- Lesson Three: Seven Card Folds + Creative Card Ideas
- Lesson Four: Seven Card Folds + Creative Card Ideas
Course Length: 4 Lessons
Course Start Date: Immediately (This is a self-paced workshop, all content will be available once payment has been received.)
Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Classroom Includes: Videos, PDF Tutorials, Templates, Forum, and Gallery. This workshops contains 28 video demonstrations with over 3.5 hours of video instruction.
Students have unlimited access to all course materials.
Beyond the Fold - Supply List
Click link below to download the supply list.