This is a RECORDING of my 1/2/21 Zoom sold out lecture based on making a quilted coat from a finished quilt.
This Video is available here. You’ll be able to watch as often as you like.
This is NOT a step by step sewing class. You DON’T need the pattern or your quilt/s for the lecture.
YOU WILL ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT THROUGH COURSECRAFT.NET REMEMBER YOUR LOG IN INFO.
(If you want this pattern ("Simplicity pattern #8811 Misses Knit Sweater, Scarf and Headband." simplicity is backordered, If it’s sold out, you can use ANY SIMPLE coat pattern of your choosing, look for patterns without darts or extra seams. Simple shapes. This info is listed in FAQ’s below. STYLE ARC has some nice options: The “Loren” would work nicely, and it’s A PDF download.... There are many other options Burda Style Has. PDF also Wool Jacket101 |Burda Style 01/20, shopwiksten.com has lovely kimono style...I’ve also used Simplicity S8742, pick what you prefer or you can easily wait for the Simplicity 8811 backordered pattern...Please read ahead.
- Getting the courage to CUT.
- What I was looking for when I laid my shapes out.
- Looking for interesting elements in your own quilt.
- Included is a basic layout of my quilt, if you want to make a coat based on my version.
- How to repurpose all parts of your quilt.
- I will explain what I did to adapt the pattern to fit my needs. Including: Lengthening and widening the sleeves, Making the collar, tapering the coat, lengthening or shortening...
- AND + how I made the coat reversible.
- Watch the Q&A session from the live lecture, too.
- Discussion forum on coursecraft.net available for posting questions and pics of your projects!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a sewing class?
No, This is a LECTURE, not a Step by Step sewing class. I'll be sharing lots of tips as well as my approach to this project. Afterward, the recorded lecture, as well as some basic piecing and size information will remain available here in the course to view.
How will I access the lecture?
The lecture will be posted here as a video on coursecraft.net after 1/5/21.
How long do I have access to the lecture?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the recorded material for as long as you need.
Is the lecture refundable?
Sorry, the lecture is non-refundable. Please contact us with any technical issues.
Does VFW Quilts have the Simplicity coat pattern?
No, I used Simplicity #8811 Misses’ knit Sweater, Scarf & Headband. Please search online (Joann’s, stuff4crafts.com, eBay, etsy etc) to purchase this pattern or a similarly simple jacket pattern. I looked for one that had no darts or extra seams - just front, back, sleeve and pocket pieces.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.