This applique technique is super simple and you can apply this method for any applique pattern!
Learn how to make the quilt, prepare the applique pieces and stitch them in place.
Table of Contents
The lessons are short and sweet!
Introduction and review of supplies
Lesson 1: Make mini quilt
Lesson 2: Prepare fabric applique
Lesson 3: Applique and quilt
Print the downloadable pattern (in lesson 1). The supply list is on the back side of the pattern. These supplies will be discussed in the first lesson.
- Background and backing fabric: 0.4 meter (yard) or 1 FQ (fat quarter).
- Border fabric: 0.25 meter (yard) or 1 FQ
- Letter Applique fabric: 7" square. You will need additional fabric if you choose a different phrase or number of letters
- House Applique fabric: use scraps or 5" squares for the house, roof, door, windows and shrubs
- Batting: choose a low loft cotton or cotton-polyester batting approximately 18" x 22"
- Thread for piecing
- Thread for applique and quilting
- Fusible web: 0.3 meter (yard)
- Freezer Paper: 0.3 meter (yard)
- ball point pen or pencil
- paper scissors and fine tip fabric scissors
- rotary cutting tools
- Sewing machine in good working order
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
One calendar year! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for a whole year. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.