During times of large shifts and noticeable changes, our edges are raw, and without loving attention, things can unravel quickly. When we can come to a brave place of being able to sit with our raw edges and see the beauty in what they’re giving us, our love can turn the edges into something beautiful exactly as is. The practice of slow stitching offers a space to sit with where we’re at and remain aware of the gifts of the present moment.
The bowl you will stitch by hand in this course can provide you with ample time to experience the joy of slow stitching, with the results being something you'll truly hold dear.
Throughout the videos in this course, I'll provide you with many inspiring directions to take your bowl (including an introduction to the striking bowls of Gee's Bend), and I will walk you step by step through the surprisingly simple process.
Time and Length of Lesson Videos
- Introduction (05:31)
- Inspiration from the Women and Quilts of Gee's Bend (02:25)
- Fabric (05:03)
- Design (06:39)
- Stitching I (26:15)
- Stitching II (07:39)
- Stitching III (14:32)
- Stitching IV (29:33)
- Finishing (25:28)
BONUS Lesson: Clay Bottom (29:43)
- Fusible batting - one-sided, 8” (20cm) square
- Fabric scraps: felt and assorted scraps (I love using denim and other bits from used clothes)
- Iron (for fusible batting)
- Printout of template (provided on lesson page)
- Sharp scissors (detail scissors are best. I love these!)
- Sashiko thread (or other embroidery floss)
- Sashiko needles (or other embroidery needles)
- Needle-nose or flat chain-nose pliers (for coaxing needle through thicker layers)
- Straight pins or clips
Scraps of card stock for cutting template
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at email@example.com.