A warm welcome to you as you look into this new and very relevant online training. This training is for Therapists and Counsellors only (trainees very welcome) and it teaches you how to become a Certified SandStory Skills Trainer.
In essence this is a 3 part training package:
- It teaches you SandStory Skills.
- It teaches you how to train other practitioners (non-therapists) in SandStory Skills.
- It teaches you how to put your training up onto an online platform and so create a passive income business.
In short it offers you a 'business-in-a-box'.
There is a video explanation of the course below (25 minutes) and here are the main key points:
What is SandStory Skills?
SandStory Skills equips practitioners who are not therapeutically qualified with essential, safe, 'soft skills' to support the emotional wellbeing and personal development of children, young people and adults in their care.
At it's heart, the training aims to delineate a 'line in the sand' in terms of the SAFE REMIT for these practitioners - so that they keep themselves safe (within the remit of their job description) AND their participants (whether these are the children, young people or adults) in their care.
The training draws on two main frameworks to delineate where the line is drawn and offers clarity on when to refer on their participants to qualified Therapists and Counsellors for professional therapeutic support.
The training draws from the wonderful work of Margaret Lowenfeld who developed the 'Small World Technique. Her theory generated further theories around 'small world play', 'floor play' and 'table-top play'.
SandStory Skills also draws on SandStory Therapy®, which I have developed from the two main sand therapy approaches of SandPlay and SandTray Therapy. In essence, it uses sand and symbols as a creative means of expressing our inner stories in a gentle and safe way. The heart of that is therapeutic presence. for more on that, see: https://www.larakasza.com/sand...
Who would you be able to offer SandStory Skills training to?
The training is tailored for you to teach this to:
o Childminders, Nannies, Nursery Managers and Workers
o Teachers & Teaching Assistants/One-to Ones, Learning Mentors
o SENCOs, ELSAs (Emotional Literacy Support Assistants), Nurture Group leaders, Pastoral Teams, Social Work Assistants
o Emotional Wellbeing Practitioners, Behaviour Support Practitioners/ PRU teams, Residential Support Workers, Youth Workers, Youth Offending Team Officers
o Play Workers and Therapeutic Play Workers
o Family Support Workers
o Life Coaches, Career Coaches, Parent Coaches
o Spiritual Directors, Religious Heads, Religious Communities (supporting vocational discernment etc.)
o Residential Care Homes Workers (for senior adults)
And many others!
In March 2020 (just before the Coronavirus pandemic) I offered the training to a wonderful group of Behaviour Support Practitioners and their Team Lead at the SandStory Centre in London.
We interspersed the training with experiential practice and creativity - here they are painting wooden peg dolls as part of their SandStory Skills Starter Set.
Video explaining this training:
The training details:
The first course was delivered as a live, interactive ONLINE training through Zoom. The 10 modules (1.5 hours each) were recorded and are ready for you to access the moment you enroll.
What does the training cover?
What support will you get?
What does the training cost?
The training is currently being offered at a specially reduced rate due to the impact of the coronavirus on the financial livelihood of Therapists and Counsellors.
The cost is reduced from £1200 to £800.
Payment can be made in full, 2 monthly installments of £400 or as 4 monthly installments of £200.
Please consider the following:
When your training is ready as an online training (or as an in-person training when the situation is safe), the charge I recommend setting at a per person rate is £300. Once you have sold the course to 3 people, you will have made a full ROI (return on your investment) with profit. Each successive sale is pure profit going forward.
Please note that you can also:
- use this same course and tailor it to many different participant groups - widen your market
- use the same learning about putting your courses online and marketing strategies for any number of your own course ideas
The upshot is this 3-in-1 business training can be expanded to create a whole new passive stream of income whilst serving the people that you have made a commitment to.
What do you need to have to do this training:
You won't need these things straight away but, when you can, please start to collect your own:
- A sand tray - I recommend the Really Useful blue transparent box with lid at 24.5 litres if you don't have anything with you (see http://www.reallyusefulproduct...)
- Sand - I love the Tesco sand which unfortunately is not available at Tesco or Amazon as I write. However, see what you can get and use for now. Even if you temporarily use lentils or jasmine rice (alternatives to sand), do what you gotta do!
- A set of between 20 - 30 symbols. If you don't have these to hand, once you enroll, you will have access to a list of inexpensive symbols and where to purchase them. Thankfully deliveries are still working and you'll be contributing to the economy! You could also just wander around your home (look in the loft!) and see what you might be able to use as a symbol - a sort of symbol treasure hunt!
- There will be other resources on the list but these are all optional and up to you if you wish to purchase these for practice according to what you feel your participants may find useful.
- Once you enroll I will encourage you to 'buddy up' with someone else either on the training or someone you know as a colleague and I will encourage you to use the Zoom platform to have practice sessions with them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend once the training is on the online platform or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me after the second module to receive a full refund (minus any admin fees).
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
Do I have to have trained in sand therapy before doing this course?
No - although that is an advantage. I will be teaching SandStory Skills not SandStory Therapy® and inviting you to have lots of practice with a safe and willing 'buddy' so you have a sense of working in the sand and teaching others. In our 1-to-1 coaching sessions, I will support you if you require it.