Hello. I’m Gunnel Hag. I have been printing fabrics for most of my life and teaching surface design on cloth for some 25 years.
I love creating pattern and texture on cloth - in fact I print all the fabrics for my quilts.
After studying textiles in England and Sweden, I moved to Canada and
set up my own studio in Toronto designing screen printed fashion and
creating fabrics for costumes in film and theatre.
On my website, www.gunnelhagstudio.com, you can see some of my quilts, lectures and workshops. On www.colourvie.com many of my in-person workshops are listed and you can find out about the Colour Vie Pigment System.
I used to teach far and wide, and now have the opportunity to offer
exciting online workshops, where you can create your own fabrics right
in your home.
Why choose this class?
- Are you ready for a fabric printing adventure?
- Have you always yearned to create luscious, original fabrics?
- Would you like to design your own original fabrics for quilts or other projects?
- Do you feel like stirring up those creative juices and learning a new way of printing on cloth?
- If you want an easy and fun way of printing beautiful fabrics with leaves or other things from nature,
THEN THIS IS THE CLASS FOR YOU!
What you will learn in this class
- how to use textile pigments and paint to create a beautiful fabric that you can use absolutely everything
- how to use leaves to create awesome fabric prints
- how to heat-set the fabric so it is completely wash-fast
- How to preserve (freeze) leaves for printing when the trees are bare
- How to create a printing pallet
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material until April 30 (on the CourseCraft platform). So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Since all of the information is available to you when you purchase the class, unfortunately refunds are not possible.
I have never printed before. Can I take this class?
YES, definintely! This class is equally good for beginners and more advanced printers. I will take you through all the steps to print with leaves, fruits and veggies on fabric.
I don't have a studio. Can I do this workshop on my kitchen table?
YES, I will show you how you can set up in a small space, and give you tips on how you can store your materials as well.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at email@example.com.