In this online course, Alexandra will share with you the basics of watercolor, including her personal preference of brushes, paints, paper and so forth. You’ll learn some basic watercolor techniques as well as, some of her own secrets of being a successful children's illustrator. In this process, you’ll learn how to gain confidence and break some of the traditional watercolor rules to discover your own style and method for painting.
This class is geared for beginners, but all levels are welcome. Once the class has been paid for, you’ll receive lifetime access to all of the free videos and lessons.
The design of this course is to provide:
- Photos and videos providing clear and concise step-by-step instructions.
- Freedom to study course materials at a time that suits you.
- FREE downloadable lesson plans.
- FREE access to a private Facebook page to:
- Engage with other creative individuals
- A warm and supportive community
- Ask questions about the e-course
Some of the features of this online course include:
- Basics of sketching
- Traditional watercolor techniques
- Ins-and-outs of what tools to use
- Developing a character (e.g. angles, expressions, etc.)
- Finding inspiration to paint
- 15-minute warm-ups
This is a 4-week course which will consist of 1-2 lessons per week.
The following materials are suggested (but not required) to make this e-course more successful for you.
- Basic set of watercolor paints
- Pentel watercolor brush
- Pentel mechanical drawing pencil
- Strathmore cold-press watercolor paper
- Tracing Paper
- Black ink pens (e.g. Pigma Micron)
- Notebook for notes
- Computer or Laptop to complete lessons