This meditation opens the lines of communication with your inner child. Working with your inner child is a powerful tool for healing from psychological trauma, dysfunctional patterns, and self-harming behaviors.
The inner child is not a literal child, it is a metaphorical “little you," the part of your psyche that is still childlike, innocent, and full of wonder. As adults we subconsciously act out the hurts and patterns of our inner child.
We mirror the emotional patterns of our caregivers, we engage in self-sabotaging behaviors, and we'll even choose partners that repeat the pattern of emotional or psychological neglect we experienced as children - even if we know better.
It's not our fault, it's what we knew then and what we know now. As adults, the inner child of our subconscious gets us into the same situations so we can respond differently. If we haven't done the work to learn from that pattern, instead we repeat it.
Benefits of having a better relationship with our inner child include:
- Greater connection to emotions and body sensations
- Being able to identify, express, and clearly communicate emotions
- Identify needs and make requests without anger or over-reaction
- Less reactivity, greater ability to self-soothe
- Remains true to self even in conflict
- Less people-pleasing, less taking things personally
- Self-honoring and able to set boundaries
- Holding space for big feelings without shutting them down
- Giving yourself permission to make mistakes
- Loving yourself unconditionally
- Shadow work
- If you explode or implode when emotional
- Survivors of parental abuse or parental neglect
Keep this meditation in your toolbox to connect with your inner child. Create a regular practice of listening to this meditation to check-in with your inner child or use it as needed when you're feeling heavy emotions.
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at email@example.com.