Why Comic Book Pressing is so Valuable
You're About to Learn the ONE Closely Guarded Secret That Can Double, Triple or Quintuple the Value of (Almost) ANY Comic Book in MINUTES!
We're changing things, and the "industry heavyweights" don't like it at all. And what we are about to reveal is such a closely guarded industry "secret" it's almost like a "license to print money".
It's called "comic book pressing".
Don't worry if you've never heard of it - most people outside the "comic book elite" haven't. Here's the Thing...
People who press comic books for a living naturally don’t want YOU to learn how to do it.
That would put them out of business!
Never mind ALL THAT.
We are happy to teach you the A-Z of pressing comic books!
There is a crapload of demand for pressing comic books. So much so that all the pro shops have a HUGE waiting list.
The reason for this demand is, you can literally double or triple your money with a competent press of a key issue.
Some people make a living cracking out unpressed books from CGC holders, sending them in to be pressed, and getting an ‘upgrade’.
One Grade Improvement Can be Thousands of Dollars in Profit!
Huge demand, secretive practices, and expensive barriers to entry. This sounds like a monopoly. Let’s BUST IT!
Here's what's included in the course:
- What is Comic Book Pressing? What Can it Fix, and What Cannot be Fixed?
- Sean and Ashley review six comic books with different defects, which we later press
- We talk about what can and cannot be fixed with a comic book press.
- We discuss the risks of comic book pressing.
- Dry Cleaning Comic Books
- Improves Grade and Eye Appeal
- How to dry clean your comic books prior to hydration and pressing.
- Links to purchase the supplies you’ll need for dry cleaning.
- Hydrating Comic Books Before Pressing
- Building and Using a Hydration Chamber
- What is hydration, and how does it help you to press comic books?
- Link to a video showing a professional restorer using hydration on an old document.
- When you should and should not hydrate.
- How to handle your comic books after they are hydrated.
- Types of Presses
- How to Choose Your Comic Book Press
- The two models we most recommend, and why.
- What to look for in a used comic book press, and when to NOT buy.
- Avoiding the annoying version of a Seal 160M press.
- The Magic of Silicon Release Paper
- What it Is, How to Choose and Use It
- How does it help you to get consistent pressing results?
- The brand of SRP we recommend.
- Considerations of managing your SRP in regular use.
- Setting Up and Maintaining Your Comic Book Press
- Now you’ve got a press, how to set it up for pressing comic books.
- Cleaning and maintaining your press after regular use.
- How to Load Your Comic Book Press
- Loading hydrated comic books into the press.
- Using a piece of paper to replace torn or flipped pages, corners or edges.
- How to Unload Your Comic Book Press
- Handling the freshly pressed comic books.
- Managing your Silicon Release Paper after use.
- Reviewing the Results of Comic Book Pressing
- How the books look after pressing.
- We review all six books one by one to see how they turned out!
- How to determine whether or not to press a book a second time if it isn’t exactly as expected after the first pressing.
Plus bonus modules at the end...
Sell My Comic Books is a leading comic book dealership with offices in Maine and Montreal.
Sean Goodrich was formerly an auction coordinator for a leading comic book auction house.
Ashley Cotter-Cairns is a former journalist, author and internet marketer who now specializes in comic books.
Between them, they have decades of comic book buying and selling experience... and yes, they DO press comic books :)
Have comics to sell? Get in touch today!
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But if you're really unhappy with the course, just email me within 10 days to get a full refund.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.