How to Draw What You See and Funk Up Your Art
Sign up to get notified when enrollment is open!
This short course is for kids and beginner artists who want to feel better about drawing. I will show you how to use a picture, photo or drawing to get inspiration for your own drawing. But first we need to get you set up with some great skills that you need to know to be able to draw what you see and funk up your art.
✏️ PLANNING is so important, and I will help you with this, so you have an idea of what your drawing will look like and how it will fit on your page, before you even start.
✏️ All you need is a sketchbook, pencil, and black pen to get started. Then you can add in stuff like crayon, charcoal, and watercolour to funk up even further, if you like.
✏️ You are the boss of your own art. This mini course will show how to get started owning your artiness!
This is a great course for building confidence, so that you can enjoy drawing more, with an understanding that your drawings are NOT MEANT to be a COPY of anyone elses.
✏️✏️ How to be UNIQUE ✏️✏️
MORE of what you'll get from Kim as your art teacher:
- Save $$ - My online courses are a fraction of the price of my in-studio classes
- Save time - No driving around and waiting in your car while your child is in art class. No traffic hassles.
- Growing great artists - Kim's lessons are designed to set your child/children up with the thinking involved in drawing, so that they can be more proud of the work they produce.
- Practical Skills to build on and USE regularly -The skills they learn each lesson can be practised straight away, shared, get feedback on it, and then they can use it in their future drawings at home or school, on birthday cards, gifts etc.. The skills learnt at the start will be reminded and referred to in Kim's other courses and lessons, and you will see them progress to building on their bank of artists concepts and skills and adapting them naturally.
- Get encouragement and help from your Teacher -We will be using a variety of drawing and colouring material with plenty of free choice options and of course, teacher contact in the comments section under each lesson. ✏️✏️You can book in private face time art consultations OR a personalised video message sent to your little artists (or artists). Just purchase, then go to allsmilez.com to use the message button to get started in messenger. Let me know the names and ages of the little artists, and whether you purchased a private video message or a face time booking.✏️✏️
Ready for a HUGE confidence boost?
Students are telling me how proud they feel when they are at school and other kids are wowwed by their drawings.
"How did you do that?"
"Can you teach me?"
"You're so talented. I wish I could draw like that"
... These are some of things they are hearing from others in their peer groups. The good news is, everyone's an artist. I can show you some tips and tricks for seeing like an artist, as well as funking up your drawings so that they are unique and not a clear copy of someone else's idea.
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for the lifetime of the course. No monthly fees. It's yours to keep.
If I have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at email@example.com.
Can I enrol 1 of my kids but share with all 3 of my kids?
Yes, it's designed to share in one household, and I'll reply to all of your drawing submissions. Post them together in one photo, or seperately. :)
In Kim's new big Mega course you'll find lots of great information for parents on how to talk about art and creating with your child
Keep an eye out, as this new course is still being built, and will be ready before Christmas 2021. But this mini-course is great introduction.
Here are some photos from Kim's students in the studio:
This is a little collage of art projects I've done with my students over the years. I'm very passionate about inspiring young people to draw, building confidence, awareness and appreciation for self-expression.
I can't wait to work with you, too!