Many of us are conditioned to fear our authentic self because it has been a place where we never felt fully seen or loved. Spontaneous collage is a method of creative self-mirroring that will help you to understand and love yourself profoundly. Working spontaneously with found imagery bypasses your socially protective mind, and reveals more of what deeper aspects of yourself want to express.
Intuitive collage invites all of the different aspects of yourself to come out of hiding. This collage "catharsis" course is accessible to everyone, and it challenges you to create a spontaneous collage every day for 90 days to move and release your stuck emotions from your body.
Creation without pre-planning supports you to see and integrate repressed psychological patterns that are holding your back, and it also reveals your visionary potentials. Spontaneous collage is wider than words, and it can reveal growth steps that you might not have been able to conceive of in your everyday mind.
No previous art experience or special talent is required to create an intuitive collage. Intuitive collage provides a visual window into the daily mystery and multiplicity of your vast inner world. Your daily collage journal becomes a daily showing up on your page with a most wondrous question, "Who am I today?"
Posting Your Collages on Instagram
If you would like me to follow your collage process on Instagram hashtag #collageforselfdiscovery and tag me @shelleyklammer
What People are Saying:
"Taking Shelley's course has been very enlightening. I think I've learned more about myself in the last 12 weeks than I have in many years. It truly is an amazing process!"
"I now feel so connected to my creativity. Empowered by developing a way of 'tuning in' every day through your guidance. My collages are 'me' and are taking me where I need to go!"
"Funny but mysterious too. I love collage for this. Stuff just comes out and no matter how peculiar, it just feels right. I feel so much happier in myself. "My collage time clears stuff out of my head and through a creative channel. Spontaneous, simple, easy, done!"
"I have so found a new language and it just grows and grows."
"I knew straight away that collage was the medium for me: I can respond spontaneously, and 'feel' my way through ready-made images, colors, textures and forms. Your guidance through the weekly lessons has been invaluable - a well developed and thoughtful process of careful nurture and encouragement."
Shelley, I took your 12 week collage class starting last March, and am still making a collage religiously every day! I have worked intensively as an artist in the past, put at some point everything just stopped working and I was really stuck. I had always rejected the magazine collage therapy stuff, but I found this course to be the most interesting and freeing thing I've done in many years. The therapeutic stuff was quite cathartic and I am feeling a great deal more spontaneous in my work. So THANK YOU so much for what you do and for offering this class.
“One of the things I love the most about all of this is your stories as you present the pages for each week. You speak so openly about your life and with so much heart that it is impossible not to be inspired to let my own understanding come forth…
I realize that I hold the key to my own success and even though it's great to have outside inspiration or praise or encouragement, being inspired from the inside is worth everything."
Do You Prefer Digital Collage?
1. Go to http://www.freemix.com/
2. Create a profile.
3. Click on to the "Create" button at the top and your blank background will appear.
4. Click on the "Image Library" button on the right.
5. Click on "Background" on the top and choose a background. Resize as needed. If you are going to upload on Instagram, you might want to create a square background. Tag #collageforselfdiscovery if you want to post on Instagram.
6. After you have chosen a background. Switch to the "Cutouts" option at the top of your collage background. Add all of your collage elements until you are finished.
7. I like to leave the setting on "Random" on the sidebar at all times, as I love the mystery of creating an intuitive collage from what the program generates for me.
8. Choose and arrange 5-10 "Cutouts" to create a collage on your background. Your collages will save automatically on your profile. Or, collage all your imagery on a white background and choose your background at the very end.
9. To download your collage, go to the "Share" button at the top and press "Download" on the bottom right side of the dropdown menu. Name your collage and download.
Lessons are delivered once day after you purchase your course. You will get email reminders to view your lessons when you forget to check into the classroom. It is helpful to bookmark this link so you can review your course content whenever you want:
You will also receive a PDF of all the main weekly lessons - one per week. The collage inspirations in between are only available online.
If you do not have magazines you can create your intuitive collages online at http://www.freemix.com/
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. PDF downloads are available for each weekly lesson.
I still have a question, how can I contact you?
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org