Extra offer for VE weekend
8-11th May 2020
Extra 10% off use WEEKEND, (limited to 10 uses).
Magic of Mosaic
The Magic of Mosaic, watch tesserae and tiles grow magically to beautiful artwork, everything you need to know about mosaic art from start to finish.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN on this course?
• about materials, what is suitable - so many exciting options
• how to break tiles with nippers - easier than you could believe!
• how to create style and flow, so your mosaics are lively and readable
• practical information, bases, glues etc (important stuff!)
• how to grout work, so it is waterproof and secure
• ideas for projects - things you can make your house, garden or for gifts
Garden Ornament course
Make something beautiful and useful for your garden. Mosaics are magical in the garden - they sparkle in rain and glint in sunshine and provide colour all the year around. These mosaic balls look grand mounted alongside blooms or intrigue peeping out from the undergrowth - and they float, making them perfect for water features!
Pots and working with China
Car boot sales, thrift stores, junk or charity shops, garage sales, in every part of the world someone is disposing of old china - beautiful patterns and forgotten designs will bring your work to life in a way that manufactured tiles cannot do.
Incorporating china into mosaic work, on these pots and also on pictures is definitely something I am asked about in my regular classes a LOT! It's a great way to start off in mosaic without any investment in tiles at all.
Learn how easy it is to work with china safely and creatively.